My name is Joyce Abraas, I specialize in the field of biomechanical bitfit, trained by Karin Toetenel of 2FitHorses. Having come into contact with equestrian sport from an early age, the shetland pony from the nearby vet took care of it. I regularly climbed on his back and then crossed the meadows with him. At the age of 10 I started horse riding at Bemelmans in Vaesrade. My first pony was bought here called Just Chimento. This pony was a surprise for everyone: from riding pony to a golden topper!
With my current horses I also try to pursue the highest attainable goal in a respectful way that can be understood by both me and my horses. Every horse has a different character and ‘manual’, which is why I think it is important to approach each horse individually. It is great to see how a horse can transform and qualities come up that were not visible before.
I get a lot of energy and pleasure from motivating and inspiring riders. This is one of the reasons that I want to guide riders on their way to the right equipment for their horse. I believe that the performance of horse and rider depends, among other things, on the right equipment. If the bit, saddle, bridle and / or headpiece are not correct, the optimum will never be achieved. The result of incorrect equipment can even cause damage to the horse. That is why I like to share my knowledge with riders and horse owners. As a biomechanical bit fitter, we look at the entire railing and tension of the moving horse.
Results: 6 x Regional Champion and 5 x National Champion
Overview related courses:
- September 2017 – april 2018: Education bitfitter with Karin Toetenel 2fithorses
- Oktober 2016 – april 2017: Individual traject focus, core stability training and breathing in Tilburg
- Augustus – december 2016: Self-awareness training with Inzicht in Rotterdam
- April 2016: Flexchair Training with Saskia Heijkants
- Maart 2016: Education Evening “The muscling of the horse” (KNHS)
- November/december 2014: Mental training for equestrian athletes(KNHS)